You may have recently heard a lot of news on Face book, Twitter or the news about the organic food movement, and in particular, the role one major corporation plays in the biotech industry currently controlling the bulk of the seeds planted in worldwide farming communities.
This site isn’t about bad mouthing Monsanto or other large biotech corporations. As much as their business model is a detriment to the health and well-being of every human on this planet, our role here is to inform & educate the general public about the unmistakable benefits of putting organic foods on your family’s plates, over conventionally grown foods.
When people first hear about the organic movement and look to buy organically produced foods, they often are misled by product labels. The most common misconception is when a product label says it contains “natural ingredients” or contains “no artificial additives”. These descriptions do not mean organic, even though they sound good. Unless the label reads “100% organic” or “certified organic”, you are not buying an authentically produced organic product. Please be wary of the labelling process, in order that you purchase true organic products for you and your family.
Here are the Top 10 Reasons to switch your home to 100% Organic Foods:
1. Genetically modified foods alter your DNA in ways that your body cannot properly adapt to. This process leads to a breakdown of your body’s own ability to heal itself, leaving you susceptible to serious illnesses like diabetes, cancer, Crone’s disease, obesity & severe allergies.
2. Children’s growing and developing bodies have a much greater risk of developing genetically modified related illnesses, leading to lifelong chronic conditions with GMO’s in everything they eat, from baby formula to corn on the cob.
3. The mineral content in organic foods vs. conventionally grown foods is staggeringly different. This guide, provided by Firman E. Bear, Rutgers University in the Natural Gardener’s Catalogue 1995 shows how markedly better organically grown food is for you:
4) According to the Organic Trade Association, organic production reduces health risks. Many EPA-approved pesticides were registered long before extensive research linked these chemicals to cancer & other diseases. Organic agriculture is one way to prevent any more of these chemicals from getting into the air, each & water that sustains us.
5) Buying organically raised livestock rids you of the unnecessary & very harmful exposure to growth hormones, chemical supplements & the abuse of antibiotics, used widespread in conventionally raised livestock meant for human consumption. The extenuated use of chemicals in raising livestock has led to massive issues with infertility, organ failures & premature death in these animals.
Not only do your put you & your family’s health at risk by eating conventionally raised livestock, but you also inadvertently support the abuse of these animal’s health for the sake of increasing production in on these farms. The chemical laden feed & growth hormones are intended to prematurely speed the growth of the animals, while the chemically supplimented grain-fed-only diet makes these animals fatter faster for slaughter.
At the end of the day, you have all the power you need to protect yourself, simply by spending the money in your wallet wisely.